
So as the story goes, a first time parent really does not know what they are getting into and tends to look for whatever advice they can get. As the summer approaches and our regular television shows come to an end, the advice seems to be coming from tv shows that have been saved on our DVR. A Baby Story and Bringing Home Baby have filled 20 spots on our DVR list and we (I) am starting to go through them slowly (Christy has watched most of them while working out upstairs). The thing that becomes most apparent to a first timer is that this process is no joke. I guess because there is a couple billion of us in the world they decided at some point that an award or medal or some sort of present need not be given for the 9 months of hard work put in to bringing this little bugger into the world healthy and happy. But I do feel like Christy and all other mothers deserve something for this feat. I do understand that Baby Boy Lilley is a pretty good reward for the hard work but how is it that I get the same present, wrapped in blue, that Christy gets, and all I did for nine months is anger Christy to no end, do nothing right, and potentially be a hand to squeeze or punching bag come labor time? I think all the preparation is helpful but it is extremely eye opening at this point. I know why the fatherly advice has centered around "pray for a short labor" because recent episodes of A Baby Story have made it abundantly clear that Labor day is not as relaxing and fun as say, Labor Day. And, finally, as it pertains to Bringing Home Baby, who are these men who refuse to change a diaper? Christy can probably tell you 100 things that she wishes I would do but number 101 will not be change the diapers. That is just insane.
No comments:
Post a Comment