
I have been lucky enough to never have to deal with heartburn previously, but my how that has changed. Lately I have been experiencing the most intense heartburn. It's not even something that happens after I eat certain foods. It starts first thing in the morning when I have nothing in my stomach, and it feels like someone is burning a hole in my chest with battery acid. It's not pleasant to say the least. Tums make me gag, and they don't even help, so it's not even worth it to suffer through the gagging. For some reason sitting in one position for long periods of time makes it worse which makes my hour long commute to work a whole lot of fun. The only thing that seems to help is moving around. So for now I've taken to standing up at my desk while I work, and pacing around my office in circles. Just one more reason for my co-workers to think I'm completely crazy. There is that old wives' tale that says that heartburn means your baby will be born with alot of hair. Maybe this means that our little guy is already sporting a thick head of hair? So far pregnancy has been pretty easy, so if this is the worst thing I have to endure, I'll take it. Somehow I have a feeling that this might not be the worst of it, and its only just begun.
No comments:
Post a Comment