Well I went to the chiropractor last week and it turns out that I sprained some of the ligaments in my sacroiliac joint, which basically means I messed up my hip. The good news is this is very common in pregnancy, but the bad news is it's very painful, takes a long time to heal, and can stick around for quite a few months postpartum. So even though I was really hoping that I would be healed, I was not miraculously cured after my first treatment. In fact, I came home feeling worse! So far I have had two adjustments, and I am in more pain than I have been all along. I'm not sure if I believe in this chiropractic stuff. I'll give it another week, and then if I don't feel any improvement, I'm done.
My hopes of remaining active as long as possible have pretty much gone out the window. I was hoping to at least continue walking up until my due date, but walking is such a challenge now, and I have enough trouble just walking anywhere, that walking for exercise is out of the question. I am still taking prenatal yoga, which has been wonderful for relaxation, but it doesn't really feel like I'm doing anything. I know I shouldn't complain and things could be much worse. I am easily reminded of this when I think of my cousin Leslie who is expecting a baby girl on September 3rd, and has been in the hospital on bed rest for weeks now. So thank you Lolly for making me look on the bright side of my hip pain!
We are in Buffalo for Jon and Al's wedding this weekend and even though I won't be doing much dancing, I'm just glad that I can be there. We are taking a few days off from work to get in one last visit with family and friends. It's nice to just be away from work and the constant comments of my co-workers who seem infatuated by the size of my growing belly. At times I feel like an animal in the zoo with the looks and comments. Seriously if I hear one more person ask me if I am having twins, or if I'm sure my due date is really in October I'm going to kill someone. It's not funny people, or original in anyway. I swear these people have never seen a pregnant woman before. I don't know if they quite understand how big a woman's belly must get to grow a 7 or 8 pound person. Ok enough of my venting. Let's hope the wedding goes smoothly, and that I can waddle up to the altar to do the First Reading. Next time we are home, it will be with our little guy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment