.JPG)
Wow! I can't believe August is already upon us, and I am beginning my third and final trimester. Where did July go? It's amazing to think that we are two thirds of the way there, and we will be meeting our little guy in about 12 weeks. I now know why they call the second trimester the golden period of pregnancy. Up until last week I felt great. Other than some sharp kicks in the stomach, it was pretty easy to forget that I was even pregnant. Not anymore. My body has definitely welcomed me to the third trimester with some sure signs that I am indeed pregnant. I'm not complaining, because so far I think I have been really lucky. It's just that things are now, well, different. For one thing I have been blessed with daily spontaneous nose bleeds. At least two to three times a day my nose just starts gushing without warning. There is nothing more embarrassing than being in a meeting and just having your nose start dripping blood. I have also developed some really frustrating hip and lower back pain on my right side. It doesn't hurt when I'm sitting or laying down, only when I walk, and walking is a pretty central part to my day. It's not like you can just stop walking. So for now I'm getting around by way of a combination hobble/waddle. It's quite a sight, and it makes me feel more like I'm 80 than 30. I have to walk at a snail's pace, which takes patience, something I just don't have, and anything involving bending over has become quite a challenge. I never thought getting dressed could be so painful. By the time I get home from work, I'm practically in tears trying to crawl up the stairs on all fours. I've spent more money on at home remedies to try to ease the pain, but so far nothing has helped. Heating pads, ice packs, pregnancy belts, a
Snoogle body pillow, yoga blocks for
stretching, a foam roller for massage, you name it, I've tried it. Next week I'm going to a chiropractor to see if there is anything he can do. My doctor says all this stuff is normal, and that it is only going to get worse, so I'm just going to have to suck it up. Can't wait!!
No comments:
Post a Comment