Friday, August 21, 2009

Rookie of the Year

Well we've made it to 31 weeks, and instead of the usual bump shot I decided to post a pic of my new favorite shirt, a gift from Michelle. Isn't it cute? Thanks Michelle!

There's not too much news to report this week. I spent the past week travelling for work, and while it wasn't ideal at this point in my pregnancy, it didn't end up being too bad. While I was away I got to make two trips to Wegman's which just might be my favorite place on earth. It's a little scary how excited I get over a grocery store. Travelling on the corporate jet does make things quite a bit easier, but still this better be my last trip for awhile.

Since my hip/back isn't getting any better, my doctor sent me to physical therapy which I started today. I had to break the news to the chiropractor that I wouldn't be returning, and wow did they take it hard. I've never seen anything quite like it. It was like breaking up with a boyfriend that just won't get the hint and go away. Anyway, physical therapy seemed to go well. The therapist gave me some exercises for strengthening my pelvis around my sacroiliac joint and taught me some techniques to make walking easier. She also massaged the affected area which was worth the co-pay alone. I can honestly say I see an improvement in my walking already. I'm really hoping this works, because other than voodoo, I'm not sure there is anything else I can try.

We started our baby and childbirth classes last Monday. Jim and I now know how to feed, swaddle and bathe a baby, and we also learned infant CPR. Let's just hope we never need it. I've also started experiencing Braxton Hicks contractions. Talk about strange. I made Jim feel my belly during one of them, and he was amazed at how tight everything gets. Our little guy is also kicking more than ever these days. His favorite time to be active is right when I lay down to go to sleep. Let's hope this is not going to become a pattern after birth!

No comments:

Post a Comment