Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Men at Work

Last weekend most of our nursery furniture arrived, and we started to put everything in place. Greg had previously painted the room, and I have to admit he did a really great job, and I usually don't like to give him compliments. On Sunday Jim and Greg put up the matching border, and now that it's complete it looks fantastic. Here they are hard at work.

We now know why wallpapering went out of style. It is such a pain until you get the hang of it.

I did what I do best - give orders. I made them move each piece of furniture in at least five or six different arrangements until settling on the one we started with originally!

The finished product. Does Greg look excited or what?

Starting to look like a nursery. Notice Max in the corner. He never wants to miss a thing.

We tried and tried to get the bumper to fit, but it just wouldn't work with the crib's posts, so we gave up on it. We decided looking good wasn't going to be worth it at 3am when we have to remove the bumper and the mattress to change wet or dirty sheets.

Max trying out the crib. Much to our relief he didn't like it, so we don't have to worry about him jumping into the crib and dragging the baby out to the woods like my grandfather warned us he might.

So we're making good progress on the nursery. Our glider is in, and we are just waiting on a new nightstand because the first one arrived completely damaged. Now all we need is the baby!

1 comment:

  1. It looks awesome! SO cute to see Max in the crib. I just laughed out loud at the "dragging the baby into the woods" comment.;)Baby Lilley is a lucky little boy and will LOVE his room.

    ReplyDelete