Thursday, July 2, 2009

Happy Independence Day!


The Fourth of July seems to mark the unofficial start of summer, and Jim and I, like many other North Carolinians, are headed to the beach for the long holiday weekend. We will be spending the 4th with our old friends the Cockmans at Emerald Isle Beach. Every year since moving to Charlotte, we have spent the 4th of July with the Cockmans. This year there will be a new addition to the festivities - Baby Ivey! Last year Caroline was pregnant for the Fourth of July, and Ivey was born on November 4. So with her due date being less than two calendar weeks behind what mine is this year, Caroline and Ivey are our benchmarks for everything pregnancy and baby related. I can look back and remember how Caroline looked last August and September and think that's what I'll look like this year. Then I think about how tiny Ivey seemed over Christmas and New Year's, and I think about how we'll have a baby the same size this year. It's hard to believe that it's been a whole year since Caroline and Steven were expecting Ivey. Now she's here and 8 months old, and Jim and I are expecting our first little one. Hopefully Jim and I will get some practice with Ivey this weekend, and maybe Jim will even change his first diaper!
Whatever your plans are for the holiday weekend, have a safe and happy Fourth!

No comments:

Post a Comment