Only 99 days to go until my due date! Woo hoo! It seems like just yesterday we had over 200 days to go. Time is flying.
We spent last weekend continuing to get the house ready for the baby. We've had all kinds of people at our house doing work to get things in shape for the little munchkin. Last week we had a carpenter build custom shelves in our garage and kitchen. This week we had electricians installing fans, lights and outlets. The next step is figuring out what to do with our kitchen. I'm not sure remodeling our kitchen is something we want to take on right before we have the baby, but something has to be done to make our kitchen more cooking friendly. I won't bore you with the details, but let's just say I am not a fan of our current set up, and whoever designed this kitchen did not do a whole lot of cooking. It looks nice, but try to use it to prepare a meal and you'll understand. We are almost done getting the nursery cleared out and ready for Greg to paint and put up the border. Once that is done, it will feel like we really accomplished something. The final step will be getting Charlotte's very own Dog Wizard to come and train our very out of control pup. This is sure to be the most difficult step of all, but I'm not sure if it will be harder on him or me.
We've also decided to spend our last few months kid-free, enjoying dinners at restaurants we probably won't get to go to for a very long time. We had a fantastic Italian dinner at Fiamma on Saturday. It was no Fortuna's, but it was definitely the best Italian I've had in the South, which in my humble opinion is really hard to find. We're planning to take advantage of the time we have left before the baby arrives and make it to all the places in Charlotte we've been wanting to try. I made a list of 31 places, so I guess we'll be doing alot of eating! A perfect activity for a pregnant woman.
We're heading back to Western New York this coming weekend for a baby shower. We are looking forward to spending some time with both of our families and friends. I can't wait to see my grandma's reaction when she sees my pregnant belly for the first time and gets to feel the baby kick!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment