Thursday, July 23, 2009

It's Shower Time

We headed back home to Western New York last weekend for an action packed weekend of visiting with family and friends. The highlight of the weekend was a baby shower in my honor at Orchard Park Country Club on Saturday morning. It was a wonderful shower, and I'm so thankful everyone could be there. Our guests were so generous. We received so many amazing gifts. Our baby is so lucky to be welcomed into the world by such kind and loving family and friends. Some of the guests enjoying mimosas. Pina (an amazing family friend who I always forget is not actually related to us by blood), me, Susan (my godmother)and Lindsay (Kevin's girlfriend and quite possibly my future sister-in-law). It was great being able to catch up with people I hadn't seen in way too long.
My "helper" Alyssa.
My other "helper" Ava.

Sarah and Helen, my real helpers.

Michelle and Alyssa. Both in pink of course!

Some members of the Canali family.


Some of the Lilleys.

Aunt Sue, Aunt Fran and Susan.

A beautiful quilt handmade by Aunt Betty. I don't know where she gets the time to do this stuff!


Joanie and her favorite girl Ava looking adorable in her yellow dress.

Yankees warm up gear from Nana for our little Yankees fan. This was Jim's favorite gift of course.

Another adorable baseball outfit. There was definitely a theme. We better hope this kid likes baseball, and doesn't want to be a ballet dancer as it was suggested he might by his grandfather.


Pina's singing teddy bear was quite a hit.

Missy with Ava and Alyssa checking out the gifts. Not only did we get lots of baseball stuff to make Jim happy, we also received lots of blue and brown puppies, which are my favorite!

Mom and Grandma to be.

Even though it's not from the shower, I had to add one pic of me with the great-grandparents to be. I've been so blessed to have the most amazing grandparents anyone could ever ask for. I miss them so much, and I can't wait for them to meet their great grandson. I know they are just thrilled.

I just wanted to say one more thank you to Grandma Joanie for hosting the shower, and also thank all of our family and friends for being so generous. It was a wonderful but exhausting weekend. We got to see more family and friends than we have seen in a long time. Plus we got to eat pizza and wings, Ted's, Mighty Taco and Hibbard's custard. What more could you ask for?!
We'll be back again in less than 2 weeks for Jon and Al's wedding. Can't wait to see everyone again!

No comments:

Post a Comment