Thursday, June 18, 2009

I'm Addicted

Last weekend Jim and I went to Chicago for his cousin Ryan's wedding. We reminded ourselves that this is most likely our last big trip before the baby arrives so we better enjoy it. Come October we won't be able to just pick up and fly off for the weekend anymore. In the past year we've been to Chicago, New York, Las Vegas twice, Seattle, Florida, Philadelphia, the beach, Buffalo a few times, and some other various locations. We know that won't be happening again any time soon. When we got to Chicago we decided to make the most of it, so we went into the city to enjoy the sights, but what did we do? We went shopping for the baby! I'm not sure how this happened, but we ended up coming home with almost an entire extra suitcase full of baby clothes. Now some of these clothes we acquired were gifts, but the majority of them were bought by mom and dad. We usually come home with a suitcase full of gifts for Max, but I think that is probably a thing of the past as well. Poor little dog! I'm not sure how people resist the urge to buy these little clothes. They are so small and adorable that I cannot stop. Not to mention that they all seem so inexpensive compared to adult clothes. And they are inexpensive, it's just that when you buy 8 to 10 $12 outfits at a time, things start to add up quickly. Now every time I go shopping, I pick up a couple of outfits for the baby. I'm addicted, and it's really bad. I keep telling myself I am not going to buy any more, but then I see a newborn velour track suit, and I just can't help myself. The little guy's closet is already filling up, and we still have quite a few months to go. Thankfully we are not having a girl. Girl clothes are so much cuter than boy clothes, and I cannot even begin to imagine the damage that I could do then.


Despite overloading on baby clothes, we had a wonderful weekend in Evanston/Chicago. The wedding was alot of fun, and we got to spend time with members of both Jim's family and my family. Here's a picture of the proud parents to be at the wedding.

2 comments:

  1. I hope that Baby Lilley scored a Cubs outfit while you were here...just in case he's not a Yankee fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely cannot resist anything for Hailey. With Luke, I was like 'oh, this is cute, but he doesn't need a $25 pair of plaid shorts' and I'd go to Target and buy him some there. But with Hailey, i'm more like 'oh, she definitely needs these silver ballet flats, even though she kicks shoes off 30 seconds after i put them on' :)

    ReplyDelete