Monday, October 5, 2009

Full Term

We've made it to 37 weeks, and the baby is now considered full term. I guess that means he could come at any time, although I haven't made much progress as of my appointment on Friday afternoon. According to my doctor's estimate, I probably have some time, but you never know. At Friday's appointment the swelling in my feet and legs was pretty bad and my blood pressure was elevated, so I had to go back on Monday morning to get checked. Luckily my blood pressure went back down and the swelling seemed to decrease slightly over the weekend. I now get to wear these very stylish knee high compression stockings to try to improve my circulation. It actually takes both Jim and me to put them on!

My newest obsession seems to be stock piling all kinds of items in our cupboards and shelves. I'm not sure if this is a form of nesting or just my OCD at it's best. Jim says if a hurricane strikes we are sure to be prepared. For example last week I went out and bought 15 pounds of sugar and 15 pounds of flour. Why you may ask? Because I don't want us to run out. It's not like we use an extraordinary amount of sugar and flour, and babies definitely don't need sugar or flour. It's just that I have this feeling that I am never going to be able to go to the grocery store after the baby arrives, and you just never know when you may need sugar or flour. Some other interesting items I have stocked up on include: extra sharp cheddar, vanilla extract, black peppercorns, cream cheese, heavy duty aluminum foil, butter, and coffee. Since my freezer is already filled with casseroles, I'll just have to start baking to use up all this other stuff.

1 comment:

  1. OMG! You look great... you only gained weight in your stomach!!!

    Of course, I love the picture of Max off on the right there! Adorable! He'll be a great big brother I am sure!

    I think the stocking is definitely the nesting, my friend, Ro was the same way, finishing up at work and being forced to leave work early and go on bedrest, she was not resting at all she was out buying last minute stuff!
    So exciting, I'm so happy for you guys!! Can't wait to see what he looks like!!!
    Keep us posted! Beth

    ReplyDelete