Friday was my last day in the office, and while I'm definitely excited, it's a little bittersweet. Yes you heard me right. I'm a little sad about not going to work. Who would have ever thought that I'd ever be saying that. I am going back (at least that's the plan), but 26 weeks is a long time to be gone. It took me long enough, but I finally found a job I actually like. After being a glorified secretary for 3 years, it's nice to feel like a real lawyer where people actually listen to you and want your advice. Sometimes I find it a bit scary that they take my advice, but that's a whole other story. It came down to the wire, but we closed a deal on Friday that we had been working on for over a year. I think I worked harder in my last week than I had during my last 2 years. In any event it felt great to get that done, and my boss was definitely thrilled not to have to deal with it while I'm out.
On Thursday my entire floor surprised me with a baby shower. Of course to get me there my boss again invited me to a meeting, which I declined and asked to reschedule (and they did), but at least this time they learned their lesson and didn't even attempt to schedule the meeting before noon! I was shocked by their generosity. We got clothes, stuffed animals, rattles, an adorable cake made out of diapers, giftcards which I can use to buy our jogging stroller, and best of all, a day at the spa for me after the baby is born! It was really too much and very unexpected. I guess they really do like me!
So it looks all we do now is wait. I think most of our to do list is complete, so I'm supposed to spend this weekend relaxing. We'll have to see if that's actually possible!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment