Wednesday, October 14, 2009
We're Having a Baby!
In an unexpected change of events, Jim and I are in the hospital and getting ready to welcome our son into the world! Coming to the hospital was the last thing I expected to be doing yesterday. I was actually working from home, enjoying a beautiful sunny afternoon with Max on the back porch. Out of nowhere I received a phone call from my doctor's office telling me to go to labor and delivery and be prepared to have a baby! What?! Not the call I was expecting at all. I had some lab work done last Friday because they found protein in my urine, and they were concerned about pre-eclampsia. I had more tests over the weekend and went back to the doctor on Monday. They did more lab work, but said it probably wasn't pre-eclampsia but wanted to be sure. My blood pressure has been low during my whole pregnancy, so no one seemed too concerned. Well apparently they didn't like what they saw in the lab work so they decided to induce me. I guess pre-eclampsia can hit very suddenly out of no where and get very serious very quickly. The only cure is delivery, so better safe than sorry. So here we are! My blood pressure has been way up since we got here, but the baby is doing great. They've started me on Pitocin, so now all we do is wait. The worst part is I'm stuck in bed. Not good for my fidgety, can't sit still personality. Let's hope this goes by quickly, and we have a baby very soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment