Friday, September 18, 2009

35/35!

Well we've made it to 35 weeks, which means that there are only 35 days to go until my due date, hence the title 35/35. It's hard to believe that we will be parents in just about a month! Where has the time gone? When you think about the time remaining in weeks, 5 weeks still feels like a long time, but it's really not. For the most part I think we are ready. We have all the baby necessities and then some, the nursery is painted and set up, the baby clothes are all washed and put away, we've finished all our childbirth classes, we've read all the books, and we've gotten our dog trained, but there are still alot of little projects around the house and items on my to do list that I really want to get done before the baby arrives. Plus, call us crazy, but we decided to embark on a kitchen renovation project this week. Talk about nesting. There's nothing like ripping out your counter tops, and appliances when you are just about to give birth! I'm praying that everything goes according to plan and there are no major delays in the schedule. I guess I should clarify that we are not doing this ourselves. Actually I probably don't have to clarify that. Anyone reading this knows that Jim and I are about as handy as a back pocket on a shirt, and we don't do anything ourselves. Nesting is a strange thing. I've been cleaning and organizing for months but nothing ever feels right. A few weeks ago I decided that I didn't like any of the bedding or linens in the master bedroom or bathroom so I replaced it all. I also ordered a new entertainment center for the bedroom which Jim has the pleasure of putting together this weekend. It seems like everytime I walk into a room I want to change everything. I better have this baby soon before I spend any more money!

I had my 34 week checkup this week, and everything is looking good and measuring right on track. I feel great, other than some swelling in my feet and ankles and some of the other pleasures of late pregnancy which I won't mention here. I've posted both a front and side view of my ever expanding bump, which you can see has gotten pretty huge. We also learned that Baby Lilley has assumed a head down position. Now we are just hoping he stays that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment