Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day?

I had the best intentions of posting this almost two weeks ago, but along with everything else on my ever growing to do list, it just did not get done. So I'm finally getting around to my Father's Day post. Better late than never I guess. I thought long and hard trying to come up with some kind of activity to do with Jim to celebrate his first Father's Day. I really wanted to do something baseball related, but the Knights were out of town and every other option would have involved a long drive and overnight stay. So instead I decided that I would pack a picnic lunch with all of Jim's favorite foods, and have a picnic at Lake Norman and go on a hike. The whole day didn't really turn out as planned. As you can see from the picture, James was not exactly in a good mood. This shot pretty much sums up the entire picnic. After I packed up all the food, loaded the car, got James ready, drove all the way to the park, set out the picnic and put James on the blanket to play, he lasted for about five minutes before he got unbelievably fussy. Nothing seemed to calm him down, so we scarfed down some of our food, packed everything up again, got back in the car and headed home. Needless to say we never did get to hike. It was way too hot anyway. At least we got to spend some time together as a family and let Jim know how much he means to us, which is the whole point of Father's Day anyway. It's pretty obvious just how much James loves his dad. He lights up anytime he sees Jim and no matter what he's doing, when James hears Jim's voice, he twists and turns every which way just so he can get a glimpse of him. It probably makes Jim feel pretty great, that right now everyone and everything is Dada to James. The boy says, "Dada dada dada," all day long! I have to admit, I'm a tad bit jealous that he never says Mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment