
Last weekend James had his first swim lesson. It wasn't much of a swim lesson; it was more of what I would call organized chaos, but he did seem to enjoy it. I think. James seemed to be much more interested in the little plastic toy his teacher let him play with than anything else. We did work on getting him used to the water and kicking and floating on his back.

Then on Sunday we decided to try out our pool. As soon as James woke up from his nap we started to get ready to go. It took almost two hours to feed James, change him, dress him in a swim diaper and bathing suit, lather him up with sunscreen, dress Jim and me, apply our own sunscreen, and pack up the towels, floats, and other necessary items. As soon as we finished all that, we made the trek over to the pool, got in the water, and James started rubbing his eyes. Perfect timing! After all that, he lasted all of about fifteen minutes and that was pushing it. All that preparation must have seriously worn him out, because I have never seen him that tired. He looked like he was about to fall asleep in his little float. So we got out of the water, dried him off, and headed home where we had to go through the whole routine again and change him, clean him up, dress him, feed him, change our own clothes, etc. and get him down for a nap. It was almost not worth all the trouble.

There's nothing I enjoy more than spending a hot weekend afternoon at the pool, but sadly I think those days are over. It looks like I may be joining Jim in the comforts of the AC from now on.
No comments:
Post a Comment