Monday, May 31, 2010
Whirlwind Weekend
Last weekend we took James back home for the first time. I guess I shouldn't say home, because Charlotte is our home, and when I was little I used to get mad at my mom when she would refer to Escanaba as home instead of Lewiston. So rather, we took James to Western New York last weekend for the first time. It was a wonderful weekend, but wow, was it busy! I thought our trips back home before James were busy. I had no idea! We did the usual West Seneca Lewiston shuffle and back again. The highlight of our weekend was James's christening at St. John Vianney on Sunday. We also got to attend Kevin's law school graduation and party and see lots and lots of family and friends. Jim and I counted, and we were able to introduce James to over 70 friends and extended family members while we were there! And that's not counting all the people that he met in the airport and on the plane. Speaking of which, James did great on the plane for the first time.
James started off the weekend by meeting his great grandparents. They'd heard so much about James III, I know they were just thrilled to finally meet him.
He also got to meet Great Aunt Kathy and have some fun at Grandma's house.
Next it was off to Grandpa's house, where James had pastina for the first time. Grandpa also gave him a nice piece of pork tenderloin to suck on, which he really seemed to enjoy. Gotta start them young to keep up with all the eating in the Canali family!
He hung with Uncle Kevin. They have the same color hair, which we learned from Aunt Fran, came from James's great great great Grandfather.
Meeting future Aunt Lindsay.
Chillin with cousins Olivia and Lorena.
Great Great Aunt Betty.
Meeting his new friend Alyssa.
James loved Pina, but who doesn't?
James will have another new friend next time we visit. Jack or Sawyer is in Meaghan's belly.
Having fun with Rona.
I got to attend Meghan's baby shower while we were there. That's a Blue NA, but everyone at the shower did a double take.
Kevin's law school graduation.
The graduate. We're so proud of him!
Suzi and Uncle Greg came all the way from Charlotte for the festivities.
Clowning around with his godparents, Uncle Jon and Aunt Alicia, before church.
Great Uncle Les and Aunt Jeanne came all the way from Escanaba.
At the baptism. Yes, James wore a gown. It was a beautiful handmade gown that came all the way from Venice. Grandma brought it back from her trip to Italy when James was born.
Meeting Great Uncle Tim.
What an angel! He didn't even flinch when the water was poured on his head. Monseigneur Gallagher said that means he is going to be a priest!!
Getting a congratulatory kiss from cousin Ava.
Proud Great Grandpa Guelfo.
We celebrated at Pearl Street Grill & Brewery after the ceremony.
It was a great weekend but very exhausting. I'm still trying to catch up on my sleep. We took hundreds more pictures during the weekend and I could only post a few here, so I'll post them on Kodak Gallery soon. Thanks to all our friends and family for making it such a special weekend and welcoming James with such open arms. We can't wait for our next visit!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment