Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Recovering

Well after my last post I had the best intentions of updating our blog at least once a week. Then the holidays hit, and that just didn't happen. So now that all the craziness that was Christmas and New Year's, and post New Year's is over, I can finally get a few things done including update the blog and upload the hundreds of pictures we took during that time. I swear taking pictures of a baby and sending them to family and friends is a full time job!

James had a great first Christmas even though he slept through most of it. We spent Christmas at home in Charlotte with Grandma Joanie, Uncle Greg and Uncle Kevin. James went to church for the first time on Christmas Eve, and he was very well behaved. Santa (and all our family and friends) was very good to him! After Christmas Grandpa Gerry and Grandma Liz came for New Year's for a few days. James spent New Year's Eve with his grandparents while mom and dad went out for a much needed dinner and a movie alone. After New Year's Great Grandpa Guelfo came to visit for a few days. We spent the time showing Grandpa Guelfo around town and listening to many many stories. This weekend James is getting a visit from his friend Carly and Aunt Rachel before Grandma Joanie returns at the end of the month for a few days before heading to Florida.
So for now we are enjoying the down time and trying to get into a sleep and nap schedule. I wish I had started this earlier, because it is definitely challenging. I'm trying to think of it in baby steps, and be happy about the small progress we make each day. We have a long way to go, but hopefully now we have the time to work at it. Let's see if I can do better at the blog updates now too and keep one of my many New Year's resolutions of updating the blog at least weekly!

No comments:

Post a Comment