Friday, April 16, 2010

6 months

Our baby boy turned six months old yesterday. It's hard to believe he's a half year old already! It's the strangest feeling, because it feels like it has gone by so quickly, but at the same time, October 15th seems like forever ago. James celebrated his half year birthday by expanding his repertoire of solids and eating some green peas made by yours truly. The little guy made me so proud, and devoured them! He also had his six month well visit and got two shots and drank one vaccine. He weighed in somewhere between 15 and 16 pounds, and measured around 25.5 inches. We didn't get an exact reading because in typical James fashion he peed on the nurse as she was trying to weigh him! He's still on the small side, with his weight and height only somewhere around the 10th percentile, but his noggin is in the 34th percentile. Even so, his doctor says he's doing great, and was impressed with his strength and determination to move and wiggle around like a bucking bronco while the doctor was trying to examine him.
Now that James has moved on to solids, I'm determined to make him a healthy eater who eats all kinds of foods. I've decided to make his baby food myself using the Babycook I got for my birthday from my Dad and Liz. It's really simple to use, and the food tastes great. At least Max and I think so!

Yesterday I made peas and sweet potatoes, and I was so impressed by the colors that I had to post a picture.
Here's the finished product stored in little baby food containers that can go right into the freezer. I had so much fun doing it, that I'm thinking about going into business like Diane Keaton in Baby Boom!

No comments:

Post a Comment