Tuesday, February 2, 2010

February Already?

I cannot believe it's February already. That means our baby boy will be 4 months old in less than 2 weeks. It also means I have to go back to work next month! I'm actually not going back until the last week in March, so I still have close to 8 weeks left, but I still have to say I'm going back to work NEXT month. I hate the idea, but I know it's something I have to do. I try not to think about it, but I can't help it. When I first had James, 24 weeks seemed like an eternity, and now with less than 8 weeks left I have no idea where the time went. I thought I'd really take advantage of the time off and have a chance to do all kinds of projects and go all kinds of places, but my days have been filled with diaper changes, feedings, trying to get James to nap, and singing silly songs and doing crazy dances to try to entertain a screaming baby. Sometimes I ask myself what do I have to show for all my time off? Then I look over at my happy, healthy, growing baby and realize that's what I have to show for it. Taking care of James was what I was supposed to do over these many weeks and that's exactly what I did.


We survived North Carolina's first winter storm of 2010. We actually got about 5 inches of snow, which is quite a bit. They don't plow the streets here, so our neighborhood was a sheet of ice all last weekend. I'm proud to say that with the exception of walking Max, I haven't left the house since last Thursday! I've really embraced the Southern way of life!


Max loves the snow. It's so much fun to watch him try to figure out what it is when it first covers the ground. James didn't make it out to play in the snow this year, but I can't wait to see him in it next year with all the other kids in the neighborhood. The kids here really take advantage of the snow. They are out playing before 8AM and still out when I'm putting James to bed at night. Yesterday during our walk I noticed more snowmen in our neighborhood than I think I ever saw in my entire life growing up in Western New York!

No comments:

Post a Comment